It is such a difficult task to find an Engineering College which is actually up to date in this fast-moving world, where technology grows day by day! Even if we somehow find a good college, the facilities they provide and the Fee structure must be Decent as well. Understanding all this, we are here to provide you with some information that will be useful to you! In this article, I will be giving you an overall idea about the South East Asian (SEA) College of Engineering & Technology.
The college is located on vast 6 acres of land in K R Puram, Bangalore. Being one of the Best Engineering Colleges in Bangalore, the SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore incorporates world-class facilities with state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities. Which also includes spacious modern classrooms, laboratories, lecture, and tutorial studios, and whatnot! As you scroll down, you will be able to find more interesting features about the college.
Table of Contents
- SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore Overview
- SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore Admission
- Courses Offered at SEA College of Engineering & Technology
- SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore Fees Structure
- Job Opportunities And Scope
- Ranking And Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities
- SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore Overview
The South East Asian (SEA) College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore was established in the year 2007. The college comes under the South East Asian Education Trust Which was Established in the year 2000. The trust aims on giving out quality academic development, a disciplined personality for its students, research, and management skills to face challenges in this world.
To achieve its vision, the SEA Group of Institutions has several colleges which are providing several courses like MBA, Nursing, Science Commerce & Arts, Law, PUC, International School, ITI, Evening College and much more will come in the near future. The Institution provides over 1215 well-designed academic courses within this 12 years of experience.
|Name||SEA College of Engineering & Technology|
|Address||SEA College of Engineering & Technology, Ekta Nagar, Basavanapura, Virgonagar P.O, K R Puram, Bangalore, Karnataka, Pin code: 560049.|
|Affiliated to||Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi|
|Accreditation||NAAC With B++ Grade|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full-time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
- To gradually develop value-based and skilled resource professionals.
- To provide career opportunities to all students without any kind of discrimination.
- To find space for the constant growth of the character and personality not only for its students but also for its faculties.
- To groom their students with Empowerment and Education to face the challenges in today’s world successfully through quality education.
- To groom and transform the students into knowledgeable, highly-skilled, technically resourceful engineers.
- To build character and grace to take on the forthcoming challenges in today’s world.
Why choose SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore?
- The college has 100% placements and pre-placement training organized by many leading companies like Pro-Edge, Capgemini, Course Cube, Edubridge, etc. Also, with MoUs the college has with organizations like Cranes University and Texas Instruments, the chances of getting placed are not even a question.
- The courses provided by the college are designed to provide in-depth knowledge of the technology and its applications to meet all the requirements of advanced technology. The college strives to build socially responsible and ethically strong citizens.
- The Institution has over 200 staff who are well expertise in their field of knowledge and focuses on the development of its students not only in academic aspects but also for their personal growth.
SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore Admission
Undergraduate Courses (B.E)
|1||Computer Science & Engineering||60|
|2||Information Science & Engineering||60|
|3||Electronics & Communications Engineering||90|
|6||Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||NA|
|7||Internet of Things||NA|
|1||Master of Technology (M.Tech)||NA|
|2||Master of Business Administration (MBA)||60|
Undergraduate Course (B.E)
1) Entrance Examinations
- All the students who want to apply for the Bachelor of Engineering must attend the entrance examination.
- The entrance examinations are organized by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
- The KCET examinations are meant to help the candidates to get admission to Undergraduate courses.
- All the processes needed to be done through the KCET website directly.
- The Karnataka government will be handling the Engineering admission processes.
2) Management Quota
- In SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore, the seats are taken through management quota as well.
- The criteria for admission will be set by the college accordingly.
- The admission will be done directly by visiting the college administration office.
- The application form is to be collected directly from the college Or you can find them on the official college website.
- For the admission process, filling out the application form is a vital part.
- Applications filled incompletely or filled with false information will be disqualified.
- When the seat is confirmed for the PG course of your choice, the candidates must submit the application form with the documents I have listed below.
- For M.Tech, any entrance examination which is accepted by the University like PGCET, GATE, etc is to be attended and qualified.
PhD / Research
- Go to the official website of VTU to download the form of application.
- It is mandatory to mention the name of the Supervisor who will guide you in the Research.
- Visit the department in which you are applying for the research.
- Discuss the topic you have in mind with the supervisor.
- Once the topic and synopsis are done, Submit the application to VTU.
- Make sure to add the required details with the consent of your Research Guide.
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E)
For General Merit Candidates:
- The candidates have to score well in the Xth examination and 12th examination.
- The 12th examination is organized by the Pre- university board of Karnataka or any equivalent examination by any state.
- The student must score at least 45% of marks in Maths and Physics and any of the subjects Electronics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Bio-Technology/ Computer Science.
- For the candidates in the category SC/ST & OBC (Cat-I, 2A, 2B, 3A 3B): The eligibility criteria is a minimum of 40% of total marks in the subjects mentioned above.
- In case the marks obtained in Chemistry are less than the aggregate percentage for eligibility, the marks obtained in Biology/ Biotechnology/ Electronics/ Computer Science will be taken into account.
- The candidate must attend and qualify for KEA / COMED-K, the entrance exams.
For Lateral Entry Scheme:
- The candidate must qualify for any Diploma Exam or Equivalent entrance exam.
- The candidate must get an aggregate minimum score of 45% marks in all subjects for the final year.
- For the students in SC/ST category, they should get 40% marks.
Master of Technology (M.Tech)
- The candidate should complete the Bachelor’s Degree with good marks to get admission to the M.Tech degree.
- The Bachelor’s degree completed should be of four-years.
- And the applicant must score the CGPA decided by the Institution.
- The CGPA eligibility might be different for the students of SC, ST, and Category-I candidates.
- The candidates must score 50% of marks for the B.E/B.Tech degree. And 45% for SC/ST Candidates.
- The reservation for the candidates is only for Karnataka residents.
- The candidate must have completed a Masters’s Degree in Technology/ Engineering.
- The candidate should score 6.75 out of 10 CGPA or 60% marks at either the Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Students with regular mode PG Degree shall possess the MBA or an equivalent degree from any recognized University. The candidate must have scored an aggregate mark of 60% for the master’s degree.
- Students who have completed the MBA Degree in Distance mode from UGC/DEB-approved Institutions are allowed to apply for a Ph.D.
- As per the UGC/AICTE regulations with the condition of years of teaching or corporate experience or research after completing the PG Degree.
- Candidates with regular-mode postgraduation degrees may apply for the Ph.D. if they possess M.Sc. Degree in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Geology, or MCA.
- Students who have completed PG degrees in other allied disciplines can also apply.
- The candidates must get a minimum CGPA of 6.755 out of 10 or 60 % aggregate marks at either the postgraduate or undergraduate Degree.
Program in Interdisciplinary Subjects:
The Candidates who desire to pursue a Doctoral degree in subject areas of interdisciplinary nature must fulfill the following requirements:
- The candidate must have completed a Master’s Degree in an appropriate subject or branch or discipline which is recognized by the University.
- The candidate should have a CGPA of a minimum of 6.75 out of 10 or 60% of total marks for the mandatory subjects.
Undergraduate Course (Bachelor of Engineering)
- SSLC Marks Card.
- PUC/ +2 or equivalent marks Card.
- Marks card of the Entrance exam appeared.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate from the Educational Institution last attended.
- 4 Passport size Photographs.
- Migration Certificate (for non-Karnataka Students).
- Caste Certificate (if required).
Postgraduate Course (M.Tech/MBA)
- SSLC Mark sheet.
- PUC mark sheet.
- PDC Certificate.
- Transfer certificate.
- Migration certificate (For Non-Indian Residence).
- Gate scorecard.
- Original and Photocopies of the PGCET Allotment Order.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Aadhar Card photocopies.
- Passport Size Photos.
- Income Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable).
- PGCET Allotment Order.
- Xth Mark sheet.
- XIIth mark sheet.
- Transfer certificate.
- Scorecard of all semesters in the Master’s Degree.
- Course Completion Certificate of Master’s degree.
- Migration certificate (If asked).
- Photocopies of Income Certificate.
- Gate Markscard (If attended).
- Transfer Certificate.
- Photocopies of Caste Certificate.
- Aadhar Card photocopies.
- Caste Certificate.
- Three Recent Passport Size Photos.
Courses Offered at SEA College of Engineering & Technology
The SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore Offers Bachelor of Engineering, Master of Technology, Master of Business Administration, and Research programs. The disciplines for each are given in the table below:
Undergraduate Courses (B.E)
|1||Computer Science & Engineering||4|
|2||Information Science & Engineering||4|
|3||Electronics & Communications Engineering||4|
|6||Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||4|
|7||Internet of Things||4|
Postgraduate Courses (M.Tech)
|1||Computer Science Engineering||2|
|2||Digital Communication and Networking||2|
|3||VLSI and Embedded System||2|
|No:||Departments Offering PhD||
|1||Computer Science Engineering||NA|
|3||Electronics and Communication Engineering||NA|
SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore Fees Structure
|1||Bachelor of Engineering (B.E)||NA|
|2||Master of Technology (M.Tech)||NA|
|3||Master of Business Administration (MBA)||NA|
The Fee Structure is not available at the moment, it will be updated soon.
- The SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore is giving scholarships to students who have attended and achieved good marks in GATE Entrance Examination.
- To receive the scholarship, the student must have a valid GATE Marks Card.
Some other points to keep in mind before applying:
- The students who have applied for seats under Sponsored Quota are not eligible for the GATE Stipend.
- Students who have scholarships from the Government of India/ Karnataka for the SC/ST/OBC categories are not entitled to the stipend.
- Students with valid GATE scores who have chosen a seat under the Part-Time ME / M. Tech Program are also not eligible for the stipend.
Job Opportunities And Scope
Training and Placements are the subsystems of any Educational Institution. It ensures constant skill development of students and habituates the process of learning for the development of knowledge and skills. Training and Development are the basics for obtaining quality output when students become employees. Understanding that the Training programs play a crucial role in grooming the student’s capabilities, the SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore has organized a well-active placement and training cell. The cell members work together to upgrade existing knowledge and help conquer new skills.
The training committee gives Effective training programs for their students, which will help to cope with the changes in technology, think out of the box, handle the competition with confidence, and contribute effectively to the betterment of the organization. From the first semester itself, the students are provided with the best training by experienced and qualified consultants. This will make the graduates of SEA College of Engineering & Technology well-prepared for the recruitment drives from Industries and reputed companies.
The Institution has more than 25 recruiters from IT, Non-IT, Product, and core companies. Some of the recruiters of SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore are listed below:
- L&T Infotech.
- Tech Mahindra.
- Sapient Tech.
- Sap Labs.
Ranking And Recognitions
- The SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore is Approved by AICTE – All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi.
- The SEACET is Affiliated with Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Karnataka.
- SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore is Accredited by NAAC – National Assessment and Accreditation Council with a B++ Grade.
- Data Centre
The Data Centre and Campus Wide Networking facility in the SEA College is one of its main highlights. The CWN is currently provided with 100 Mbps Internet to cater to the internet equipment on the campus. This will provide a very fast uninterrupted network connectivity in the entire campus.
Also, features like Offline access to the NPTEL lecture classes, Online access to International journals, Offline Email Service and messaging, Several High-end servers with 4 TB storage, Round clock unlimited wifi with good speed, and much more are available here.
- Sports and Fitness.
- Transportation Facilities.
- Mess and Canteen.
- Cultural Activities.
- Spacious Classrooms.
- Seminar Halls.
- Labs with Modern Types of Equipment.
- Anti-ragging Cell.
- Women Empowerment Cell.
- Grievance Cell.
- Placement and Training Cell.
SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore Contact Details
Address: SEA College of Engineering & Technology, Ekta Nagar, Basavanapura, Virgonagar P.O, K R Puram, Bangalore, Karnataka, Pin code: 560049, India.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is SEA College of Engineering & Technology located?
The SEA College of Engineering & Technology is located at K R Puram, Bangalore. The college is situated in an easily accessible location.
2. What are the courses provided at SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore?
The SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore provides Bachelor of Engineering (B.E), Master of Technology (M.Tech), Master of Business Administration (MBA), and Ph.D./Research programs.
3. Does the SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore provides Doctoral/ Research Programmes?
Yes, in SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore, the Departments of Computer Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, MBA, Chemistry, and Mathematics provide research facilities.
4. What is the highest package offered at SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore for a Bachelor of Engineering?
Last year, the students of SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore got placed with a package of 7.2 Lakhs per annum. This will go higher in the next years as the placement cell is very active in training their students and recruitments.
5. What are the PG Courses offered at SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore?
Currently, the college offers the Master of Technology in four branches and Master of Business Administration (MBA).
6. Does the SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore support its students in extracurricular activities?
Yes, Indeed! The College often organizes festivals and other programs in the college. And also sports and fitness activities are considered a significant part of the college curriculum.
7. Is SEA College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore Affiliated?
Yes, the college is affiliated with the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU).
If you are interested in other engineering colleges in Bangalore, then you can go through the following articles too: