Which course should I join? What profession should I choose? Will I get good exposure if I Join this college? The thoughts which go through our minds are infinite once we complete our schooling! Obviously, to get a good job you need to choose a good college. But finding that one college with outstanding Facilities and a decent Fee Structure is a very tiring process. And that’s why we are here to help you. We often write articles regarding good Educational Institutions in India. So, today I have come up with the Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore.
The Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore is one of the oldest and Top-Ranked Engineering colleges in Karnataka. While going through this article, you will learn about the Courses Available, Procedures you should follow for Admission, College Facilities, Fee Structure, the Scholarships the Institution provides & their eligibility, and much more.
Table of Contents
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore Overview
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore Admission
- Courses Offered at Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore Fees Structure
- Job Opportunities And Scope
- Ranking And Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore Overview
Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering (DSCE) Bangalore is an autonomous Institution that was established in the year 1979. The Institution is run by the Mahatma Gandhi Vidya Peetha Trust (MGVP). The MGVP Educational Trust was promoted by the Late Shri. R. Dayananda Sagar in 1960. The trust manages 28 educational institutions now.
The Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore is spread across 23 acres of land. And the Institution has the Best modern infrastructure like laboratories with state-of-the-art, Machines, and equipment, Wi-Fi enabled campus with a large bandwidth internet facility, Central Library, etc.
Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore provides different branches of engineering. There are 18 UG courses and 13 PG courses, and it also has 20 Research Centres in other branches of Engineering for Ph.D. under the VTU. These various courses are also accredited by NBA.
|Name||Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore|
|Address||Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Shavige Malleswara Hills, Kumaraswamy Layout, Bangalore, Pincode: 560 111|
|Affiliated to||Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full-time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
- To provide high-quality education in a technical field with a focus on Innovation and research based on the development of sustainable and inclusive Technology for the betterment of society.
- To create an environment that enhances creativity and innovation in terms of excellence.
- To bring up the mentality of teamwork in the students in order to transform the individuals into professionals with responsibility and commitment to society.
- To make the students ready for the challenging world where technology keeps changing day by day. And make them understand the importance of Inclusive and sustainable technologies.
Why choose Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore?
- The Best faculties who take responsibility for mentoring students through personal attention, paving the way for the career growth of the students.
- The faculties of Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore are research-oriented, having a vast number of projects from many agencies like the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), AICTE, Defense R & D organizations, etc.
- The Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore students secure the highest grades and rank every year.
- The Institution is recognized by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR).
- Signed memorandum of understanding (MoUs) with leading Research Organizations & Industries, which will help in the training and placements of the students.
- Student clubs and Professional society activities in all departments of Engineering to strengthen Institute-Industry interactions.
- The College constantly conducts International level and National level Seminars, Workshops & Faculty Development Programs, etc., to improve the knowledge and skills of its students as well as its faculties.
Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore Admission
1st Year PGCET (MBA, M.Tech, MCA):
- Get the allotment order from KEA.
- The candidates must report at the Admission Section.
- On the back of the DD, note down the Name, Mobile Number, and Branch name.
- Hand over the DD to the cashier.
- The fees can also be paid through a Debit card at the library Block.
- Fill out the application form.
- Entry the application form and take a printout.
- The candidates and the parents should sign in and submit the necessary documents.
- Collect the fee receipt from the cashier.
For 1st Year B.E. CET/COMEDK Quota:
- Obtain the allotment order from the CET/ COMEDK Counselling.
- The students must report at the Admission Section in the Library block.
- On the back of the DD to be paid, note down the Name, Mobile Number, and Branch name.
- Give the DD to the cashier.
- Once the DD is submitted, fill out the application form.
- The students and their parents should sign in and submit the documents required.
- Collect the Receipt from the cashier.
For Management Quota:
- The candidates who are seeking admission to the Graduation programs are required to send the request to the Institute.
- The program of their choice and other details should be included while mailing.
- In the case of B.E or M.Tech, the branch should be added in the mail as well.
- The candidate can also visit the Admission hall on campus.
- The management office will get back to you.
- The admission criteria for Ph.D. are through synopsis selection.
- For affiliated research centers, an interview is conducted by VTU.
- All eligible candidates are called for a written entrance test.
- Once the exam is cleared, there will be an interview conducted.
- The selection will be based on performance in that interview.
For Diploma in Engineering:
- Pass SSLC or its equivalent examination with a minimum of 35% in aggregate.
- Candidates under the Karnataka category should have studied in Karnataka for at least five years.
- For Lateral Entry, SSLC + Two years ITI with appropriate Trade are eligible for admission to second-year diploma courses of the program.
- For undergraduate programs, admission to college is through the entrance test like CET, COMEDK, etc.
- Candidates with good rankings are considered for admission.
- A pass with a minimum of 45% in 10+2 or PUC or equivalent examination with Mathematics & Physics as compulsory subjects along with English as one of the languages.
- For the Candidates who belong to Karnataka SC, ST & other backward categories (Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A & 3B), the minimum mark is 40%.
- Should pass in B.Tech or B.E.
- By the university, a written test is conducted for candidates.
- On the basis of the rank list, the student will appear for admission.
- The admission process is carried out through a single-window counseling process.
- The first preference is given to candidates with valid PGCET/GATE scores and then university rank holders.
- Pass in B.E. / B. Tech examination with a minimum of 50% marks in total.
- Clear the University Level Research Aptitude Test (ULRAT) organized by the VTU.
- Attend and qualify for the written entrance test.
- Once the exam is cleared, the candidate should attend and pass the interview conducted by the university.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the field chosen is required For M.Sc. Engineering.
- The applicants must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in either the PG or UG Degree Examination.
- For the candidates belonging to SC/ST, the eligibility is 50% aggregate marks.
- Original 10th Mark list.
- Original 12th Mark list.
- Transfer Certificate.
- DCET Admission Order (For Lateral Entry).
- Originals of Diploma Marklist for all semesters (For Lateral Entry).
- Copy of Allotment letter of UGentrance examination.
- Relevant category certificates if the seat is claimed under any category like Income/ Rural/ Sports/ Hyderabad Karnataka / Kannada Medium etc.
- Original copy of Admission order issued by COMEDK. (For COMEDK Admission).
- Copy of student’s Aadhaar card.
- Migration Certificate for Non-Karnataka Candidates.
- One recent passport-size photograph with name and branch written on the back.
- Three Copies of the Parent’s Pan Card.
- Copy of Allotment letter of PG (KEA) entrance examination.
- Original 10th Mark list.
- Original 12th Mark list.
- Original Diploma Mark list.
- Original UG Mark list.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC).
- Recent passport-size photograph with name and branch written on the back.
- Copy of Pan card of Parents.
- All the above-mentioned documents should be submitted in three copies.
- All the original documents must be scanned in color (PDF Format) within 1 MB.
- The scanned documents should be ready in a pen drive or mobile phone for the student login upload.
- Scan a passport-size photo within 500 Kb.
Courses Offered at Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore
Given below are the details regarding the courses provided at Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore, including the programs and the duration of each class.
|1||Diploma in Engineering||3 years (6 Semesters)|
|2||Diploma in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||2 years (4 Semesters)|
|3||Bachelor of Engineering||4 years (8 Semesters)|
|4||Master in Technology (M. Tech)||2 years (4 Semesters)|
|5||Master in Business Administration (MBA)||2 years (4 Semesters)|
|6||Master in Computer Application (MCA)||2 years (4 Semesters)|
|7||Doctoral/ Research Programmes||4 Years|
|8||M. Sc (Engineering) by Research||Upto 5 years from the date of registration|
|2||Computer Science Engineering|
|3||Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|4||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|5||Information Science Engineering|
|Sl. No||Name of the Course|
|1||B.E. in Aeronautical Engineering|
|2||B.E. in Automobile Engineering|
|3||B.E. in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning|
|4||B.E. in Bio-Technology|
|5||B.E. in Chemical Engineering|
|6||B.E. in Civil Engineering|
|7||B.E. in Computer Science & Engineering|
|8||B.E. in Computer Science & Design|
|9||B.E. in Computer Science & Engineering (Cyber Security)|
|10||B.E. in Computer Science & Engineering (Data Science)|
|11||B.E. in Computer Science & Business Systems|
|12||B.E. in Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|13||B.E. in Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|14||B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering|
|15||B.E. in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering|
|16||B.E. in Information Science & Engineering|
|17||B.E. in Mechanical Engineering|
|18||B.E. in Medical Electronics|
|No||Branch||Name of the Course|
|1||Mechanical Engineering||Computer Integrated Manufacturing|
|3||Information Science Engineering||Computer Network Engineering|
|4||Computer Science Engineering||Computer Science Engineering|
|5||Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||Digital Communication & Networks Engineering|
|6||Electronics & Communication Engineering||Digital Electronics and Communication|
|7||VLSI and Embedded Systems|
|8||Civil Engineering||Highway Technology|
|10||Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||Micro Electronics & Control System|
|11||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||Power Electronics|
List of Research Centers at Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore
|6||Computer Science & Engineering|
|7||Construction Technology & Management|
|8||Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|9||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|10||Information Science & Engineering|
|11||Electronics And Instrumentation Engineering|
|14||Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering|
|18||Master of Business Administration|
|19||Master of Computer Applications|
Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore Fees Structure
Given below are the details regarding the Fee Structure (In Indian Rupees) at Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore for all the courses and types of admission.
Diploma in Engineering
|Sl. No||Course||Fee Per Annum|
|2||Computer Science||Rs. 61821/-|
|3||Electrical and Electronics||Rs. 61821/-|
|4||Electronics & Communication||Rs. 61821/-|
|5||Information Science||Rs. 61821/-|
Engineering KEA / DCET
|Tuition Fees||The fee paid at KEA||Skill Lab Fees (A)||Eligibility Fees (B)||Total Fee to be Paid|
|83,026/-||83,026/-||20,000/-||0||For Students in Karnataka: 20,000/-|
|20,000/-||1,500/-||For Students Outside Karnataka: 21,500/-|
|20,000/-||11,500/-||For Students Outside India: 31,500/-|
1st Year Engineering KEA / CET
|Tuition Fees||The fee paid to KEA||Skill Lab Fees (A)||Eligibility Fees (B)||Total Fee to be Paid|
|91,796/-||91,796/-||20,000/-||0||For Students in Karnataka: 20,000/-|
|20,000/-||1,500/-||For Students Outside Karnataka: 21,500/-|
|20,000/-||11,500/-||For Students Outside India: 31,500/-|
First-Year Engineering COMED-K
|Tuition Fees||The fee paid at KEA||Skill Lab Fees (A)||University Fee (VTU)||Eligibility
|Total Fee to be Paid|
|2,42,156/-||2,42,156/-||20,000/-||10,610/-||0||For Students in Karnataka: 30,610/-|
|20,000/-||10,610/-||1,500/-||For Students Outside Karnataka: 32,110/-|
|20,000/-||10,610/-||11,500/-||For Students Outside India: 42,110/-|
1st Year PGCET Fee Structure
|Tuition Fees||A fee paid at KEA||College Fees (A)||Eligibility Fees (B)||
Total Fee to be Paid
|M.Tech||77,310/-||77,310/-||44,326/-||0||For Students in Karnataka: 44,326/-|
|44,326/-||1,500/-||For Students Outside Karnataka: 45,826/-|
|44,326/-||11,500/-||For Students Outside India: 55,826/-|
|MCA||66,310/-||66,310/-||33,026/-||0||For Students in Karnataka: 33,026/-|
|33,026/-||1,500/-||For Students Outside Karnataka: 34,526/-|
|33,026/-||11,500/-||For Students Outside India: 44,526/-|
|MBA||66,310/-||66,310/-||44,026/-||0||For Students in Karnataka: 44,026/-|
|44,026/-||1,500/-||For Students Outside Karnataka: 45,526/-|
|44,026/-||11,500/-||For Students Outside India: 55,526/-|
Management Quota Fee Structure
- Bachelor of Engineering
|Sl. No||Course||Yearly Fees|
|1||Aeronautical Engineering||03 Lakhs|
|2||Automobile Engineering||2.25 Lakhs|
|3||Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning||4.25 Lakhs|
|5||Chemical Engineering||2.25 Lakhs|
|6||Civil Engineering||2. 25 Lakhs|
|7||Computer Science & Engineering||4. 25 Lakhs|
|8||Computer Science & Design||4. 25 Lakhs|
|9||Computer Science & Engineering (Cyber Security)||4. 25 Lakhs|
|10||Computer Science & Engineering (Data Science)||4. 25 Lakhs|
|11||Computer Science & Business Systems||4. 25 Lakhs|
|12||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||2.50 Lakhs|
|13||Electronics & Communication Engineering||03 Lakhs|
|14||Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||2.25 Lakhs|
|15||Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||2.50 Lakhs|
|16||Information Science & Engineering||4.25 Lakhs|
|17||Mechanical Engineering||2.25 Lakhs|
|18||Medical Electronics||2.25 Lakhs|
- Postgraduate Courses
|Sl. No||Course||Annual Tuition Fees (In Lakhs)|
|1||Master in Technology (M. Tech)||2,50,000 L|
|2||Master in Business Administration (MBA)||3,00,000 L|
|3||Master in Computer Application (MCA)||2,20,000 L|
The Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore provides several scholarships. Some of them are listed below.
|No||Type of Scholarship||Sponsorship||Eligibility|
|1||AIC-DSU Foundation Scholarships||NITI Aayog, Government of India and Dayananda Sagar University||Young achievers with a master’s degree in Science/Engineering and desire to work in a doctoral program.|
|2||Post Matric Scholarships Scheme (Minorities)||Ministry of Minority Affairs GOI||Students belonging to six minority communities: Christian, Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, and Parsi studying in India.|
|3||Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses CS|
|4||Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities||The students with the specified disabilities.|
|5||Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities.|
|6||Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College & Universities||Department of Higher Education, GOI||Students who have more than 80% of successful candidates in the relevant stream from the Board of Examination in Class 12th.|
|7||Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles||Ministry of Home Affairs, WARB||Widows/Wards of deceased in harness/ election duty, wards of personal disabled due to causes of govt. service and ward of Ex-CRPFs & AR personnel who have received Gallantry Awards.|
|8||Prime Ministers scholarship scheme for wards of states/ Police martyred during naxal or terror attacks|
|9||Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPSF/RPF||RPSF/RPF, Ministry of Railway||NA|
|10||PRAGATI||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)||Maximum of 2 girl children per family. Family income less than Rs. 8 lakhs per annum.|
|11||SAKSHAM||Specially-abled students have a disability of 40%. Family income should be less than 8 lakhs per annum.|
|12||Post Matric Scholarship for SC/ST Students||Dept of Social Welfare, GOK||Parental Annual Income below 2.5 lakhs to 10.00 lakhs|
Job Opportunities And Scope
Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore has an elite placement division. This division strives to facilitate placements for all its students. The institute provides pre-placement training in soft skills to all its students. This helps to groom them to face the modern corporate requirements in Innovation & Leadership and HR Division.
This Placement Division also supports training in CV Writing, Mock interviews, Aptitude Assessment, Group Discussion, etc., The institution is committed to providing the best talent for the corporates.
The Placement cell works with Corporates to build the Development of Students according to the industry requirements. Below are some of the recruiters in Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore:
- Mercedes Benz.
- Axis Bank.
And much more…
Ranking And Recognitions
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore is affiliated with the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU).
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- The Institution is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
- Also, The Institution is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with an A Grade.
This academic excellence of Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore is reflected in its harmonious blend of Infrastructure and its educational environment with the best-quality Library. The Library facilities here are state-of-the-art, following the newest automated RFID technology and this college is the first Private Engineering College in India to install this system.
This system will provide access to any book available in the library within a few minutes. The Library here has a vast collection of materials like 38,768 titles, 1,36,852 No. of Volumes, 2,683 Bound Volumes, 3,000 Journal CDs/ DVDs, and much more. The Digital Library is huge as well.
- Training Programs.
- State-of-the-art Laboratories.
- Cultural Activities.
- Outdoor Sports like Basketball court, Cricket, Football, Yoga, etc.
- Indoor Sports like Carroms, Chess, Table Tennis, Volleyball, etc.
- Canteen and Mess.
- Women Empowerment Cell.
- Anti-Ragging Cell.
Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore Contact Details
Address: Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Shavige Malleshwara Hills, Kumarswamy Layout, Bangalore – 78, Karnataka, India.
- The distance between Majestic Bus Terminal and the college is 15 km.
- The distance between Bangalore central railway station and Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering is 12 km.
- The distance between Bangalore International Airport and Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering is 44 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Located?
Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering is located in Shavige Malleswara Hills, Kumaraswamy Layout, Bangalore, Pincode: 560 111.
2. Does the Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore help in student placement?
Yes definitely. The Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore has a special placement division that provides pre-placement training in soft skills, which makes it easier for the students to attend the interviews and get placed.
3. What courses are offered at Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore?
The college offers a Diploma in Engineering, Bachelor of Engineering, Master in Business Administration (MBA), Master in Technology (M. Tech), Master in Computer Application (MCA), Doctoral/ Research Programmes, and M. Sc (Engineering) by Research.
4. Does Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore Provides Scholarships?
Yes, In fact, the college provides several scholarships. The name of the scholarships and the eligibility for the application are given in the article.
To the readers,
I hope you find the article helpful. I have tried my best to include every important detail about Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore in the article. If you have any doubts regarding the same, do comment it down. I will be delighted to help. Also, if you are a current student or an Alumni of the college, share your thoughts and experiences. Thanks in advance.
Feel free to go through the following articles, if you are interested in knowing about other engineering colleges in Bangalore too: